CONSCIOUSNESS: THE PATH TO “CONTACT”
What is it?
The definition of consciousness, according to the dictionary, is:
- the state of being conscious; awareness of one’s own existence, sensations, thoughts, surroundings, etc.
In addition, to “raise one’s consciousness” is:
- to increase one’s awareness and understanding of one’s own needs, behavior, attitudes, etc., especially as a member of a particular social or political group.
If you look at the definitions by academics, philosophers and scientists, you will find differing opinions, but it generally all boils down to:
An infinite field of energy that includes all forms and the history and potential of all existence.
Why is it important?
As a species, we have grown and evolved physically, socially and mentally at various rates over the centuries. At this point in our collective development, many realize that the human species is not alone in the universe, and that there are “others out there” who are far more evolved than we are.
From a spiritual or religious perspective, humans have revered and worshiped beings or deities with ‘higher states of consciousness” since the beginning of time. There have been ongoing reports of visitations, prophecies, messages and miracles from angels, ascended masters, and gurus, just to name a few. The basic premise of all religions is to elevate ones self to become more “Godlike” or continual enlightenment.
As the Earth moves closer to “full disclosure” of our collective government’s interactions and visitations with species from outside of our galaxy (and from inner Earth,) individuals are asking what they need to do to prepare themselves and others for contact.
Basically, we have a present level of consciousness, can raise our consciousness and are an integral part of infinite consciousness. How we identify with ourselves and life depends on our own consciousness level.
One important step is to evaluate where you currently are on the consciousness continuum. This can be done by examining your current behaviors, attitudes or beliefs, determining which are limiting to your growth, and then replace them with new, higher behaviors. Easier said than done!
How do you do it?
If there was a simple, easy answer to increase consciousness that fit everyone, then we all would have done it by now!
There is no one path, no “magic pill,” and it certainly does not happen over night. Every individual is unique and has different challenges and struggles to overcome in this current existence. What may be a challenge for one person is not for another. So, a “one size fits all approach” does not work. Before we get into the specifics, though, there is one factor that must be present:
You Have To Want To Raise Your Consciousness
No one can do it for you, and the work is 100% an “inside job.” That said, you can ask others to help guide you through various aspects of your self enhancement project. They may provide tools, techniques, resources, nutritional guidance, etc., but at the end of the day, the only person that can fix you, is YOU.
Below are some items that I believe are fundamental to raising consciousness:
- Are you loving and forgiving to yourself and others?
- Have you identified and healed your “core wounds?”
- Do you meditate/pray at least twice daily?
- Are you free from addictions (e.g., drugs, alcohol, shopping, food, etc.)?
- Have you shifted your diet to “high vibration” (e.g., live, whole foods) and organic?
- Do you drink enough water? (Half of your body weight in ounces)
- Do you have a regular sleep cycle with at least 8 hours of sleep?
- Do you consistently breathe from the diaphragm, not your chest?
- Do you exercise regularly?
- Are you continually seeking to raise your consciousness?(Basically, are you growing or are you dying?)
- Are you willing to question all of your current beliefs, while using discernment in validating potential new paradigms?
- And, finally, there are only two emotions:LOVE and fear. LOVE is the most powerful energy in the multi-verse.
The path to consciousness is an adventure that is unique to every individual. It is not linear, and has its own rhythm and flow. At times, there are great bursts of growth and then there are periods when it feels slow or stagnant. You may also go backwards for a time, falling into old patterns or habits. This is all completely normal, and expected. The key to rapid cycles of sustained growth is continual focus on consciousness and being honest about where you are in every facet of your life. Mastery is about maintaining balance in the areas of your life that are going well, while focusing on those areas that need some strengthening.
Please check the Resource Library Section of the website for books, tools, and website recommendations regarding raising your consciousness!